Monday 26 October 2015

Inktober

white acrylic ink fish drawing on black paper by holly holt for #inktober
#inktober
I've just found out about this inktober thing (on the 26th...story of my life!), which coincided quite nicely with starting this blog and with splattering white acrylic ink around the "studio" yesterday. I was going for a bit of a Ralph Steadman vibe after seeing him the other night on a programme about Edward Lear. I've always loved his far out art... Anyway, I thought my splatters looked a bit like fish skeletons so here's one (with the crappy tail bit craftily edited out of the photo). I'm also kind of glad I've only just discovered inktober, there's no way I would have committed myself to an ink drawing every single day for a month! I was bored before I even began..(thanks Morrissey).

2 comments:

ladybird said...

Ethereal, visceral and stunning. More please.

Unknown said...

Loving it sis :) xx